Epson is one of the companies that manufactures a wide range of quality printers. Epson printers are capable in both the office and home works. Its excellent functions help the Epson printer in its better performance. The Epson printer is trusted by many users for its best quality and performance, and the Epson printers are compatible with the Mac as well. To install the Epson printer driver for Mac and get the full use of your Epson printers.
Epson printer driver for Mac step by step guide
Printer drivers are essential for your printing works. It converts your command into the format of the printer. We can say they work as a translator. A user needs to make sure that he is using the latest version of the Epson printer drivers for its printing works because the outdated and corrupted printer drivers become the responsible for many Epson printer issues that hamper your printing work. So, in this case, a user needs to uninstall the existing printer drivers from the system and install the Epson printer driver for Mac from Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
Steps to uninstall and reinstall the Epson printer driver on Mac
- A user needs to go to the Apple menu.
- In the next step, a user needs to click on System Preferences.
- Now, a user needs to choose the Print & Fax option.
- Then, a user needs to select the Epson printer to remove it from the printer list.
- After that, a user needs to click on the OK button.
- A user needs to open the Hard Drive option.
- Next, a user needs to click on the Library option. And then, choose the Printers option.
- Now, select the Epson folder and drag it to the trash. It will remove all the Epson printer drivers.
- Afterward, a user needs to empty the trash.
- Restart your computer.
- To reinstall the Epson printer driver for Mac, go to the official website of Epson. Here, a user needs to look for the Support page.
- Then, a user needs to enter the printer model number and choose the operating system.
- A user needs to download the correct printer driver from here to fix many printer issues.
- Now go to the folder where the downloaded file is and here click on the install option to start the installation process. After the installation process is complete, choose to Quit.
- Next, choose Apple menu, and then System Preferences. And then, a user needs to choose the Print & Fax option.
- In case you are using the network connection, a user needs to click on the plus ‘+’ button to add the Epson printer.
- A user needs to click on the More Printers.
- Last, a user needs to select the Epson printer.
Steps for updating the Epson printer driver for Mac
- A user needs to go to the application.
- Here, a user needs to select the Epson software folder.
- And then, a user needs to Epson software updater.
We hope the article will help you uninstall and reinstall the Epson printer driver for Mac. A user must update the printer drivers from time to time to fix many issues with their Epson printer. For more information, a user can contact the Epson printer support. Epson printer support will always ready to help its users and make their printing operation better.